So transfer calls were made last night and the great news came!! I'm staying here in BG with Sister Openshaw!! SUPER HAPPY!!! :)
Anyways this week has been incredible!! :) I don't really know what all happened and I know I'll forget to share some things but that's cool :)
So last Monday i cut sister openshaws hair after she cut mine- surprisingly enough it isn't THAT bad. She has some guts! But it's awesome.
On Friday night there was a man going around the neighborhood in a ski mask peepin in people's windows, so we were called quickly home to our apartment. Poor sister allen was SO SCARED, we may have teased her a bit ;) but nothing happened (that we know of).
M. is feeling much better and will be sustained next Sunday to receive the Aaronic Priesthood!!! And he's still on track to go to the temple with the YSA's on November 23rd. This week we are going to take him here to the library and help him find names to take to the temple including his dad and his grandfather! His mom- S.- is now a regular at institute and loves it! We are going to go over this week because she said she has written a list of questions for us. (M. texted us and said it spans 3 pages...)
T. is doing so awesome and is SO PREPARED to hear the gospel!!! I am so grateful we had the prompting to tract into him!! The only downer part with him is he is moving this week to the North sisters area- so i guess he'll become their investigator :( But we'll still see him at church.
| Oh we snuck onto Grandma P's yard and raked her leaves. It was a party and she had so much!! |
The B's! We have a love/frustrated relationship. I love them to death. Sister B. asked if she could adopt me. :) I could dig that- haha just kidding!! I love you all so much!!! They came to church on Sunday and stayed for most of sacrament meeting and then pulled the sick card again... They are so sweet and I love them dearly. It's going to be so hard to say goodbye to them. D. is doing alright, we're still working on the modesty issue as well as getting her to come to church. But we had a ym in the ward text her and ask her why she didn't stay all 3 hours on Sunday- yah she told him she'll be there this sunday! Hehe Hopefully that will work! :)
S.!! So quick funny story- On Saturday was the ward's chili cookoff and all of us not knowing how to make chili we decided we would do it together. So we went to S's and made chili friday night while teaching her a lesson. I was in charge of cutting up the chilis... and i touched my face!!! it was burning. and i washed my hands. and as we were driving home i accidentally touched my eyes!! I couldn't see out of my right eye. So we drove home for 20 minutes in the middle of nowhere, pitch black outside and I could only see out of one eye. But it's cool we made it home :) And the other sisters took funny pics of me dipping my face in milk to take away the sting. But on the bright side- our chili was so good!!! She came to church on Sunday and told us she never wants to go inactive again. :) She is so incredible!
G.- he called us up this last week and left a message saying he didn't want to meet with us anymore... We asked if we could come by and just talk with him. We just talked and bore testimony and the Spirit was so strong. He just looked at us in the eye and said 'I knew there was a reason for you coming into my life' so we're still teaching him! Thank you for the Spirit!!
Oh so there is now snow outside..it finally stuck. and it is SO COLD. We just bought a window scraper this morning. before we were scraping our car with my drivers license.. haha :)
| we took a snow pic! :) |
Yesterday at district meeting our DL told us that our ZL's said that Sister Openshaw and I are leading the zone in numbers. That was so neat to here! Since Elder Bowen came in the end of August we have quadrupled our efforts and numbers. It is so neat to see the miracles here in Bowling Green. I have loved seeing this area develop and grow from being a brand new area to spring forth!! And I am so happy that I get to stay here for another transfer!
I love being a missionary, I love sharing the gospel and I am so grateful for the Spirit. We've had a few close calls this week where we've been in situations and could hear "Get Out" whispering in our minds. Thanks to the Spirit as we've heeded those promptings we've been blessed and kept safe. Thank you for all your prayers and support! I love you all dearly!! I hope you have a wonderful wintry day!!
Sister Taylor Byers
No comments:
Post a Comment