Sister Byers

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

JOY

HEY EVERYONE!!!
So this past week has flown by!!! Seriously, kinda going through withdrawals right now. So sad of the thought of leaving the MTC tonight at 2:30 am.... maybe it's just the time that's making me sad ;P But this week has been ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!! I don't know how much time I have so I'll just have to share a  few experiences. :) 

Sister Adamson and I on Sunday at our temple walk!!
Okay now onto a more spiritual enlightening moment... :) On Saturday we were having our last TRC- a less-active. We get there, and have no idea who we were going to speak with, and when we walk into the room, there's 2 sweet older ladies. They are sister in laws. one is active the other was offended a few years ago at church but she still loves the church. Reads, prays, fasts, pays tithing, goes to G.C. etc... but she doesn't go to church because she feels like she is being judged. But as soon as we started talking to her- it became immediately clear that she was not just an actor, but a real volunteer. My comp didn't feel too well, so the lesson was pretty much just me talking, but I have no idea what in the world i said. I just so happened that I was studying forgiveness and the pure love of Christ that morning, and I shared with her a scripture that really helped and we were kinda all in tears (the difference i think from sister missionaries and elders...) and bawling our eyes out, its fine the Spirit was so strong. The lady found out for herself on Saturday that she is wanted and loved in this church and that going to church each sunday can be one of the greatest blessings any of us can receive. By going to church each week we can partake of the Sacrament- the most important ordinance EVER! We can become like our Heavenly Father as we continually repent and try to do our very best!!! :) It was so neat to be able to see the change in her face and her willing desire. Although we won't be able to follow up with her, we had her commit that she would go to church each week and her sister in law is going to follow up with her.

MY DISTRICT!!!
annnd we're pretty awesome too!!!

What a great blessing the Spirit is in our lives!! :) I love it here and it is SOOO Incredible to have the Spirit sooo strong!! :) we've taught so many lessons now, and the Spirit is my favorite part of it all! :) On Sunday night I was at a devotional, and the speaker was saying 'what ere thou art, act well thy part' I know there was a G.C. talk about that recently, but i love it so much!! :) I've learned that through working SO HARD and being EXACTLY obedient, we can bring the Spirit and true joy to the people we teach. He left us with the saying- "Make your mission president cry when you leave for home." That is my goal. :) I want my mission president to know that I am going to be exactly obedient and that I'll work hard, because i'm not on my time, but the Lord's. This is His work.

Tuesday night march from the Mariott!! So PACKED. Couldnt see the beginning or the end!!! filled it up!!!!!
i have tons of pics, but I'll try and send those out later today, our email timing is REALLY weird. but I love you tons!! :) I'm praying for you always!! :) You're amazing and i can't wait to talk to you tomorrow morning!!! :) 

My awesome teacher Sister Runyan!!! Going to miss her!!
I LOVE YOU!! :)
Sister Taylor Byers

No comments:

Post a Comment