Hey FAM!!
SO this week has been absolutely AMAZING!!! I would not trade anything for the amazing experiences that I've had this past week! It's really incredible really! There's so much I wish I could tell you and I'm really trying to type as fast as I really can! :) | 1st full day as a missionary!! :) |
So I've seen Heavenly Father's hand so much in my life this week. It's amazing! To be honest, I was homesick. BAD. Cried like a baby, it's fine. I know that I wanted to be here, i think i just wanted one more hug. you know? so i get to my residence wednesday evening and who lives 2 doors down? yes none other than my sweet Girl Sister Stratton!! Tender mercy of the Lord! She gave me the biggest hug ever! and had some costco fiber bars and everything was fine and dandy! On Friday I was beginning to feel down again and I really wanted to hear from you guys and I was getting a drink out in the hall when I see JORDAN!! Oh my goodness!! That was EXACTLY what I needed right then! It didn't distract me, rather it helped me know that you guys are really there for me and everythings going to be alright. and ever since then, as much as i love you all- I don't want to leave!! :) Ever. Sorry :) I think they should make it possible to extend to like a 3 year mission maybs? :)
| liza and I!!! :) |
| sista adamson and i after some sand volleyball! |
I've been thinking a lot about what dad said right before i got set apart, about how all the family history work that i've done in the past few years and how the people who i've found will be here helping me on this side trying to find people. I have felt there presence so strongly. I would be sitting in the classroom for 5 hours and still would have 5 more to go and I would have no idea how in the world i would make it and somehow i would get a nudge to get there. They are here, I am constantly encircled about in their arms. They are cheering me on. I know that to be true. I would be doing something and I'd feel the prompting 'Taylor, pay attention to this, you're going to know this out in the field'. The Spirit is so strong and I've learned from my few days experience that waterproof mascara is definitely the way to go!! :) haha :) yah i think i get the tears from mama :)
| girls in my zone.. we ran through the sprinklers on our way back from the field into the MTC woot!! |
So my companion: Sister Adamson! We at first got off to a shaky start, but then on Thursday as I got to know her I've come to love her so so much! I love my sister!! :) Sista Adamson and I currently have four investigators. and it is crazy amazing and wonderful!! I love it sooo much!! :) We committed Terina to be baptized on August 3rd yesterday!! so pumped!! But theres more to the story. We were teaching Damitric on Friday and on Saturday and the Spirit was so strong. and then we taught 3J on Monday morning and the same thing. Then i think we started to get a little bit prideful (hehe woops!!) that afternoon we taught our first lesson with Terina, and there was absolutely nothing. no spirit. nada. we were really frustrated and on Tuesday we taught Belinda (a Chinese atheist....) and Terina again. Both- no spirit. we were like 'what in the world?!?! we're teaching everything right aren't we?!?!' then yesterday morning before we taught 3J I had the prompting that I needed to repent of thinking we could do it ourselves. So sister adamson and I did a little repenting and then we went in to teach 3J BAM!!! the Spirit hit him!!! :) It was so incredible! and then we taught Terina and the same thing!! :) Lesson learned! I am not the teacher! I am just his mouthpiece! It's been an incredible thing to think about. I literally have opened my mouth and then words just flow out. I know that that is the reason why i am here. To be the Lord's servant so He can have His children return to Him. I am so humbled that He trusts in me to be in this calling and I love every single moment of it!!
| i spy with my little eye!! |
There's so much i want to say and so much i have learned. But it's all in my journal :) I can't believe that I'll be in CLEVELAND a week from today!! FINALLY! I sure do love you all and thank you so much for your love and your support! It means the world to me! I'll get a pday next wednesday before i leave finish coordinating stuff :) so i'll write you then :) I LOVE YOU!!!
hahaha so i forgot to mention why i had the subject line 'THE WAY'
Yesterday in class I was reading- i'll tell you the scripture reference later- somewhere in 2Nephi, but it hit me that this gospel is the ONLY WAY. the way for everything! The way to find answers, the way to be truly happy, the way to know for yourself, the way to feel peace the way for EVERYTHING. THIS IS THE WAY. Only through Christ and can we we return to our loving Heavenly Father. He wants us to Come unto Him. So neat. Such a powerful experience!! :)| sunday temple walk! |
No comments:
Post a Comment