I couldn't think of a better title! :) Because that was definitely the highlight of this week! :) But lets start with the other stuffs and then I'll get to that :)
S.: super solid yah? she ended up calling us on Tuesday after our lesson and said that her parents don't want her to associate anymore with mormons. it was so sad! She was crying, we were crying. and we were super bummed :( it wasn't until the next day during ward council, that one of the brethren said something that really helped. He said something about why do we have such powerful spiritual promptings yet something doesn't really come from it? That made me think, maybe we needed to meet her right then to set the deep seed in her and in a few years when she can make her own decisions she'll pick up her Book of Mormon and remember. Maybe missionaries will stop by again. It's all in the Lord's hands.
So i forgot last week to tell you about M.: we met him tracting 2 weeks ago. We walked up to his house to find him yelling bloody murder banging one of those midevil chains with a ball and spikes onto styrafoam on the ground.... M. trains a lot for his midevil 'duals'. But it's great fun to talk to him. He's 20 years old and loves everything about swords and midevil stuff and xbox games... so actually figured out if we relate the gospel to swords and video games he really picks up on it! But we're not really experts in those fields. He is so excited to read the BoM especially when we told him there are war chapters! haha :) but he loves institute and we're really working with him a lot. He's still waiting for the solid answer, but he feels that it is right! So excited for him!
M.: Last week i told you that she dropped us. We get a call from her on Tuesday saying since she told us that- that she's been feeling bad. So we taught her on Saturday. Sister Caldwell and I think there may be something wrong. but we're trying to help her understand. In the middle of our lesson- which was so incredible! The spirit was so strong and she asks "is god here now?" and I'm like I KNOW He is! and then she starts doing some voodoo dance and is 'talking to Satan' to see if our church is really true. then she talks with 'Jesus'.. we're just confused about her..... Sister Caldwell and I were super scared when she started chanting some weird things. I don't know if we want to return there, but she wants us to, so we'll see :)
So i said last week that i wasn't feeling all that good. Tuesday it got worse. Wednesday even worse. I was up all wednesday night vomiting and thursday we were supposed to go to Perrrysburg for our Zone Conference, but i literally couldn't sit up. so we had permission for us to stay home. Friday morning I still felt terrible, and I felt like i was going to pass out, and then i remembered my setting apart blessing by President Olsen and how he blessed me with the health and strength i need while on my misson- so i just said a super quick prayer and asked my Heavenly Father to heal me so we could go out and serve Him that day. I got up, got a drink of water, and I felt 100% perfect :) I know that Heavenly Father heard my simple prayer and that He can do all things! He is so incredible and He can help us in our times of trial and difficulty! I am so grateful that I have the knowledge that He is always there for me, and that is why i am out here- so share that knowledge with everyone! So since we missed our zone conference, president wants us to go to Cleveland tomorrow to go to that zone conference. So we'll be getting up at 4:30 tomorrow morning! Woot!!
Now onto B. and T.!!! :)
They got married!!!! :) and it was so great! :) it took them pulling their families an arm and a leg to get them to come to a mormon church, but they did! :) the families hate eachother, but they were civil enough for the wedding and they asked tons of questions and they really felt the spirit there! :) So wonderful! The ward was so supportive! grandma p. made B.'s veil, sister e. played the piano, bishop married them, sister w. made the bouquets and the cake and sister r. did the pictures! How great they all are! :) One of my favorite parts was when B. leaned over to me after getting married (sister caldwell and i were her 'bridesmaids') and whispered "3 more steps: baptism, temple and eternal life!" AHHHHHH SHE GETS IT!!!!!!! :) That made my day!! :) She's so awesome!!! T.... he still needs to quit, and we're still working on it. struggling slightly. we shall see. but we may push his baptismal date back.
Well i think that's just about it! but know that i absolutely love you all dearly! and you're so wonderful and so incredible!! :) I am so proud of you all! Keep the Spirit with you always and you'll never go wrong! I love you!
Sister Taylor Byers
I forgot to tell you about A. and K.! So the brother in the ward that usually translates for us (we teach a. and k. the lessons on sunday during sunday school hour) can no longer translate for us because of his new calling :( so yesterday was interesting! we were attempting to re-teach about the Restoration and about Joseph smith and Sister caldwell knows hola, and I know not more than that, but I can tell you although they didn't understand 95% of what we said, they knew exactly what they were feeling and what it meant.
It was such a powerful moment when I looked both of them in the eye and said "yo se jose smith es a propheta" I know its probably totally wrong. but that's all i could say. a. who i've never seen any sort of expression from him, began to cry. A 35 year old man who left his wife and kids to work on a dairy farm to send money home to his family is finding much more than the riches of the world here in Ohio. He is finding the restored gospel. One where he can't speak much english and we cant speak much spanish yet we take him to the scriptures and he reads in spanish and he can feel the spirit. The spirit is the teacher and the spirit is what makes people desire to change. I know my Savior lives and I know He is there for each and every single one of us! love you all!
Sister Taylor Byers
No comments:
Post a Comment