Hey Family!!
This week has been absolutely CRAZY!! But AWESOME. So life is great! :) On Tuesday we had interviews with President and it was so good! It really helped a ton! I love my President! At District Meeting we decided that we need to be contacting more people. We set the goal for each companionship to contact 10 people each day. You would stare at us if you saw us running from house to house trying to talk to as many people as we can in between our lessons. We had so many AMAZING experiences that as we've prayed to ask Heavenly Father where He needs us. We were in Grand Rapids after stopping by S. and just prayed where Heavenly Father needed us. I remember driving past a cute family one day so we went to try and find that family, but they weren't interested. So we stopped and said another prayer and Sissy OP was like we need to turn left. There I see this sweet jeep so I was like hey lets try this door. Turns out we found Y.! She is awesome! And we're going over tomorrow to start teaching her!! SO PUMPED!
Tuesday night we had a lesson with D. She was super happy to see us and before we could even sit down she was in tears jumping up and down saying that she knows the church and the book of mormon is true and that Jospeh Smith is a prophet and Thomas S. Monson is a prophet!!!! AWESOME!! (and that totally changed our lesson. But it was still awesome) We had another great lesson with here on Saturday about the WoW. It was incredible. I gave her my Scrips so she could read D&C 89 and she all of sudden got so quiet and I was like "is...something wrong?" She's like as soon as i looked at the doctrine and covenants i feel so much peace. (YES!) Yes, D. the D&C is the word of God too. (haha :))
So we had a couple of unique/different experiences this week. We were invited by a lady in our ward who was holding this community event. So we got dressed up in our most business/sunday attire and we were at this convention and of course we sit by a Methodist minister to our left, Lutheran to our right and Protestant across from us. It was really awesome for them to see that we were normal. They asked us a lot of questions from stories in the Bible, and I don't think they were expecting us to know them. Yes we believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly. We ALSO believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
I guess we didn't have enough minister experiences, so when we went over to Grandma P's- her brother-in-law who is a minister (i forget what religion) was there. We were planning on teaching the Restoration to G. P. for some feedback, and we felt like we should go ahead and do it anyways. So we taught R. and G. P. the Restoration. The Spirit was so strong and I know that R. felt it. Such a great opportunity!
One more crazy story.. we were tracting in Portage and we knock on the door and there was this scary looking guy, we start talking and then Sissy Op asked if he had a religion. He said Satan. I didn't hear him right (I thought he said Saint) and I was like "Oh Good!" that's awkward point #1. Then Sissy OP was like "How has Satan Blessed your life?" Yup, we hit it right on the bulls-eye. We are the most awkward tracting missionaries ever. I'm sure he laughed after he shut the door- we just about DIED! So now he probably thinks Mormons like Satan. haha. FALSE.
Hmm well there's a TON more that happened. M. is slow as usual. S. is struggling. The B's came to church 3 weeks in a row! We're meeting with c. on Wednesday. And we're teaching M's friend A. on Thursday! Looks like it's going to be another FABULOUS week!
This morning: 6:00am opening up our apartment door to go running. "Crap.", Sissy Op. "What?", me. "I can't stand this freezing cold. The meat on my thighs are already frozen! TAKE ME TO BRAZIl.!!!" "Sorry chica I need ya here to get frostbite and we'll tell our kids that we almost froze to death on our missions." (we may be exaggerating.)
Well FAM FAM love you all! Thanks for everything! You're the best! I love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!!! Love you!!!
Sister Taylor Byers!
No comments:
Post a Comment