Sister Byers

Monday, January 6, 2014

Siberia or the end of the world...

Hey fam!
I'm happy to report that currently we are safe and sound from the storm! You know how you joked that I was going to get called to serve in Siberia? We'll somehow I magically was transferred there! We have received direction from president that we have til 12 today to tell you we are alive and safe and then we are supposed to be in our apartment til further notice. We are all stocked up on food and water and flashlights and batteries for about a week crazy!! I guess it's supposed to get up to -40 today with the windchill and we've already gotten stuck a couple of times today haha :) 
But on Saturday we took M. and D. to a baptism up in perrysburg and it was do good for them!! It really touched their heart and hopefully that will help them progress a little further!
So we were going to have an awesome lesson with d., we were going to take m.(a laurel) and her non-member friend A. teaching with us, but d. stood us up and A. was sick but A. thinks we're cool and wanted to know what we are going to do, so m. asked her if we could "practice" teaching her and m. the lessons. So we're pumped abou that" we don't really know if we can see them this week, depends if we are allowed to leave. 
S. is doing super well, we are just trying to get her to come to church.... The b's are doing alright, we're mostly focusing a lot on d. and trying to figure out how we can help her.
Oh and this week we received our first referral ever! Haha been out 6 months and finally got one! His name is c. and he was referred to us by a member, we are supposed to meet with him on Wednesday but that may not happen... I guess we'll have to wait and see!
So my toes and fingers are still frozen, but I love bowling green, it really is my ward family :) and don't worry mama everyone is calling us left and right making sure we are all okay :) so the objective this week is to just stay safe :) I love you all so much sorry this is so short, I'll write more next week. I love love love you! Thank you for all your prayers and support!

Love,
Sister Byers 

No comments:

Post a Comment