Sister Byers

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Week of Miracles

Hey Family!!!

This week has been so busy and so crazy. Heavenly Father has a TON of work for me to do here! It has been so amazing to me this past week to see how YEARS ago Heavenly Father has been preparing me to meet some amazing people here and they as well. I cannot tell you how many times I have testified of Family History Work this past week and the way that it's changed my life. So amazing!!!

So I couldn't email yesterday because the library was closed- sorry mom for making you super worried. haha :) 

Last Tuesday we had Zone Conference up in Perrysburg with the Toledo Zone- so guess who was there?!!? SISSY OP!!! It hadn't even been a week- but I started bawling, I miss her so much! 

We are working with a RC- T. to help her get ready to go to the temple. She is going to start taking the temple classes and I'm helping her with Family History work too!

Okay so get this- I was working with the B. family up in BG and when they found out that I was transferred to Lima, they called and she wanted us to meet her aunt and uncle (non members) so we we've been over twice now and they are SO interested!!! They come off like 'I'm interested, but I'm not going to convert' but the Spirit is so strong when we are there, and just testifying to them- you can see their hearts softening! I love them so much!

We are also working with the G. Family. They are so fun, the mom is super interested and everyone is just following mom. But like any family- they're super busy with sports, friends, work etc. soo hopefully we'll still be able to see them tomorrow :)

On Friday we went to Sister T's where she made TONS of cookies and then we spent a couple of hours going around Lima visiting members that we don't know, less-actives and investigators and introducing ourselves and sharing messages with them. We saw so many people be able to come to church on Sunday because of that! It was so amazing what a couple of cookies and a smile can do :)

A. is amazing! We just finished talking with her about Obedience, and we had sister L. there with us. So fun! She is so cute! Today she expressed her gratitude for us coming and sharing the Gospel with her. "I never thought that there was more after accepting our Savior- but after meeting with you ladies I know there's more and I want to keep on learning, I feel happy" "We're going to see each other in the 1st heaven and I'll be able to sing and dance!!!" (she has super bad arthritis and has had 2 strokes.) We realized that her baptismal date was set for stake conference.... the awkward moment when we have NO IDEA what happens in the ward. ahaha so her date has been pushed back to 15 March :)

We had this awesome lesson with a less-active Sister F., she is so sweet! We talked about the Sacrament and as we bore witness of the power of the Sacrament and church she just couldn't help but cry and said she'll do whatever it takes to be there on Sunday. On Sunday she had her sweet old husband drive her the hour to church. :) The Bishop invited her to take the temple prep class, so excited for her!

So here is an INCREDIBLE miracle(s)!!! We were just driving to our lessons on Saturday when our phone goes off- we get a HQ referral. Then another one. Then another one!! Within 2 hours of each other! So amazing!  I've never had a HQ Referral til then. Yesterday we were on our way to the grocery store when we get another referral from a set of Spanish elders who were teach E. and he moved into our area.... 70 minutes away.. (in Leipsic) but he's so worth the drive! It was one interesting phone call last night trying to set up an appt with him when all he knows is yes in English and I know si. haha but we have it figured out :) (wishing i paid more attention in my 5 years of Spanish class. #rebuked ) Yah.. we have the largest geographically-wise area in the whole mission. It is crazy.  We go from Leipsic to Ada down past waynesfield and have over to shawnee and the ghettos.

So I got the SWEETEST package from the N's (in the BG ward) they made me cry!!! I miss them so much! They're amazing! Love them  and miss them. I'm praying that I'll be able to love Lima one day. Gettin there :) I still haven't figured out north yet...but I have a couple of hunches. My GPS thinks I'm lost though and it's no help...or that I can't figure it out....

Oh and I have a BF! I don't know his name, but he hits on me every time we come here to the library. Just think of a black man with piercings where ever there is skin and a duck dynasty beard. Apparently she was one of the last sisters boyfriend's until she got transferred....hahah just avoiding eye contact. No smiling. 

Well that's a tiny piece of my week. We have been going crazy meeting with so many people this week. This isn't even a 1/4 of my week! Hahah! Wouldn't have it any other way! I love you all so much! I know this gospel to be true! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon in my life and the guidance and direction it gives me! It helps me every single day and I can receive answers! I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!!!

As Anna would put it: WALK WITH GOD ALWAYS!

Love you! Have a great week!

Sister Taylor Byers

No comments:

Post a Comment