This past week in one word? INCREDIBLE. Absolutely one that I will never forget. Last week Elder Bowen came to our mission and reprimanded us a little and challenged us to double our efforts. To get rid of all artificial limits, and to hasten the work. This week we our area went from a dry unfruitful area to a springing one with people everywhere ready to hear of the gospel. Did the area just change over night? No. So what changed? Our perspective. I thought I knew what Faith was, and I thought I had faith. But this week when we removed all doubts and all fears with the help of the Lord, we were able to see the Lord's mighty hand in our life. We doubled our efforts, we doubled our numbers, we doubled everything. Just as Elder Bowen asked us to do. And because we were exactly obedient we were able to see miracles!
M. is doing fabulous!! He was originally going to be baptized on the 19th of October. But with much prayer and thought he wants to be baptized on 12th of October at 7pm. So mark your calendars! :) He is doing so wonderful though, last Tuesday he had N. give him a blessing (yah!) to not let him have the desire to smoke. He told us that he hates the smell of smoke and gets sick to his stomach everytime he wants to smoke. On Friday we were going to teach him a different lesson, but we just felt prompted to share with him the temples. We told him about how we could do it for our ancestors (and you know me- I'm not excited about that stuff at all ;) ) Long story short- he's so excited and the YSA branch is taking a temple trip in November to the Columbus temple to do baptisms, so we're going to help him go! :) He is also really putting an effort in 'converting' all of his family. And loves watching all the general conference talks from April. He is so great!
The B's! They have had missionaries over consistently for 19 years. This past week as we've gone over every day to do family scripture study we've helped D. recognize that she's a daughter of God and A. is so excited for his baptism! Sis. B. told us that once we started coming over every day for family scripture study her migraines have started to go away! So wonderful! :) (and they invited us over to get a neck wrap (?) done. I don't know what that is- but i'm sure I'll be taking pictures)
J. and G.- amazing story. J. told us that she loved us but didn't want to hear our messages anymore. We were bold but loving and asked her to listen to us one more time. We invited her daughter G. (13 years old and best friends with D.) to join us. At the beginning of the lesson they weren't very interested. 45 minutes later the Spirit was so strong and they asked us when they could be baptized!!! I know that the Lord did that all. There is no other explanation. I am a terrible teacher. But thank goodness it's not me who's teaching everyday! It's the Spirit. So they'll be baptized on the 2nd of November :)
Another incredible story. We have so many less-actives in our area that we try to contact. And we've had S.'s name on our list to do for weeks but never got around to her. Then on Tuesday when one of our appts. fell through we had the impression that we needed to call her. So we did, and asked if we could stop by, she said yes and we went over. I love her so much! She was baptized 3 years ago and stopped attending 2 years ago. She reads and prays everyday but doesn't attend church for a personal matter. But we're helping her and just in the past week we've seen so much improvement in her life and also with our friendship. We are having her visiting teachers (who have never met her) come with us tomorrow, so that will be great!
B. and T..... we were having a lesson with them on Wednesday and it was good. But Satan is working so hard on them. They ended up being evicted and we've tried calling and texting and called her mom's phone but we haven't been able to find them! :( This week we will be doing some tracking down and we'll find them.
I was exchanges for a good part of the week with Sis. Feldt in biking. It was so fun! We had a lot of lessons over at BGSU and biked in the pouring rain. So life is fun :)
I love you all so very much! Thank you for all your love and support! You are absolutely the best family in the whole world! I'm praying for you each and every day!!! I love you and make it a wonderful week! And remember Faith cannot exist if there's doubt or fear.
Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not!
Sister Taylor Byers
P.S. Also remember to smile. Life is so much better when you smile! Plus you all have fabulous smiles!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment