Sister Byers

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TRANSFERS and TESTIMONIES!!

Hello Family!! :) 

This week is transfers! Last night I got a phone call... I am getting a new companion and a new car! So Sister Caldwell will be heading to Bowling Green Biking (2 doors down ;) ) So life is great! But this week has been incredible and I want to tell you all about it!! :)

BG Sisters - So sad that Today is sis. Feldt's last day as a missionary :( We love her dearly!!
M.! I feel like he's my spiritual son! When we met him just 2 months ago, he didn't know if God existed. Yesterday we went through the baptismal interview questions with him and then he bore his testimony for us- He knows this church is true and he is so excited to start on his journey by being baptized next week! I am so excited for him! And so happy that I'll be here for it. I can just imagine what he'll be like in 20-50 years from now and all the great work that he'll do for the church. He not only has a testimony but he's being converted to the gospel. He has also invited all his family and friends to go to church, his baptism and to meet with us!! So we'll be having a few first lessons this week :) Also, we found a name for him to take to the temple in November! :) He asked if he could do his birth father. He passed away when he was 5. He is so excited to be able to do that for him. :)

M. is progressing great! She's just at the stage of she just wants to make the right choice, yet she knows that the church is true. So hopefully next week I'll have more news on her new baptismal date :) 

Like my Jacket? Word got out that I love golf, so a cute sister sister made me a golf sweater! ahha :) I love it!!
A. and the B's!! Ahhh I love them so much!! So happy to see that I'll be there longer with them. I love going over to their home each evening for family scripture study. Just in the past few weeks we went from pulling teeth trying to get D. and A. to read and pray to yesterday when they were fighting over doing it all. hehe :) 

S.! We were able to get her to come to the General Relief Society broadcast! We are really trying to get her to come back. We will see :) 

We had to take one last picture with our Subaru. Don't you love our candid posing in the parking lot? :)
J. and H. are doing great! So is H. & B. (and they have the CUTEST baby ever) and B.'s doing great! Ahh I wish I could just type everything super fast so you can hear it all!! :) 

But this week I learned something so great- I thought I was here in Bowling Green to teach them the gospel, but everytime we meet with someone they teach me so much. It's amazing! I love the lessons and I love when you can see their testimony growing each and every day. I am so grateful for all of them in my life. And I LOVED watching the General R.S. Broadcast!! I was so great! It is so true that if you come in with a question (or multiple in my case), they will be answered! I love this gospel so much!! Heavenly Father truly loves each and everyone of us. 

our district!  one last time before some are transferred
On a funnier note- our apt has been broken into by our neighbors. I found a frog sitting on my desk Friday night :) We named him Winston. But apparently frogs don't eat cheerios, so we released him Sunday evening in the park :)

Also, tomorrow I'll be driving our new car and companion back to Bowling Green from Cleveland on the Turnpike...and I haven't driven in over 3 months!! I AM MORTIFIED. So please pray we don't die. :) Thanks! :)

I love you all so much! You are the greatest! I love getting your emails and all that you have to say! I am so proud of you and you're just the best! Don't forget that! You're always in my prayers! Love you!!

Sister Taylor Byers

No comments:

Post a Comment