Sister Byers

Monday, October 21, 2013

Crazy, Hard, Fun, Tough Week

O Hey Family!!! :)

I hope you're all doing so well!! I'm sorry for my lack of better adjectives, but this has been a really hard week. But I thought that's no fun if I should spout off all the negatives to you guys', so I'll try my best to look at the positive :)

We took Sister N. with us to teach S. We were initially just thinking that they may relate since their both single moms, but we got in there and BAM! (key word for the Spirit) They hadn't really met each other before but now they are besties :) They have gone through so much that is so similar. And Sister N. could just testify and the importance of forgiveness. S. unfortuneately didn't attend church yesterday- but hopefully this Sunday we can get her there. :)

After 14 cancelled lessons in a 2 day period- we had plenty of time for tracting. Plenty. But we had just gotten to Weston and we looked up from saying our prayer we saw this lady and the most adorable lady crossing the street. We jump out grab our BoMs and start talking to her. She said her name was A. and that she used to be Mormon. I just blurted out, "Are you A. H.?" And she's was a little freaked out that I knew her last name, and I told her that everyone has been looking for her for months since her records got transferred, but all we had was a P.O. box for her. Turns out that she's 23, she was baptized with her mom when she was 19 in Pennslyvania and when she moved here, she didn't know where to go. She has 2 cute kids and she's really excited to learn about the gospel again and hopefully she'll be at church this Sunday!

J. and H. and T. are all doing so great! We had a rough patch with them, where they were part of the cancelled lessons and we couldn't get a hold of them. We decided to actually drive out to their home and knock and talk to them. They weren't home. But we had 4 hours of good ol' tracting so we decided to stay nearby and every half hour we'd try knocking on their door again- yes we are persistent :) After about 3 1/2 hours we finally saw that they were home and we set up a return appt. for tonight! So that is great!

We came up with a cunning little plan for D. She had this crazy rocker hair style where one side was super short and spiked and the other side was past her shoulders... I have no idea who came up with that hair style but we thought it would be great to fix it up :) And thank goodness my amazing comp Sissy OP is skilled in the hair cutting department so we gave her a good little cut and now she looks normal- but with really short hair. :) But it's cute :) 

That was my week. (in the positive perspective) :) Hopefully this week will be better :) I love you all so much! I love this gospel, I love being here in Bowling Green and they chopped down all the corn fields- so now my area is just miles and miles of dirt- or mud. Depends on the day :) I hope you have a wonderful week!

Sister Taylor Byers

No comments:

Post a Comment