Sister Byers

Monday, October 28, 2013

Chilly in Bowling Green

Hey Familia!!!!!

This week. MUCH better than last week. But still not quite where I know it could be. Still struggling with some things but thank you for all your love and support. It really meant the world to me this week. You can even ask Sister OP- I was bawling like a baby even after the 10th time of reading through your letter mama :)

This past week though we had our interviews with our mission president. I love President Vellinga so much! He is incredible and he always knows exactly what to say! :) I'm grateful for such an incredible president :)

It's been a pretty chilly week, I didn't really come out with warm stuff, but just got some gloves today!! Woot!! Now my hands will be warm :)

M., we are having him 'teach the investigators' So we're the 'investigators' and are going to pretend like we don't know anything about the church and he's teaching us the lessons. This last week he was teaching us the Plan of Salvation with his half sister- H. comes in. She was intrigued and M. taught her the Plan of Salvation and bore testimony on that!! She's starting to meet with us too! When we were about to leave his mom came up to us and asked if she could attend institute with him tomorrow and see what we do there. Although she doesn't really fit the "YSA" qualifications of course we told her YES!! It's fine we're just going to convert his whole family now. :) I loved what H.said though- she said that since M. has met us and been baptized she's seen a change, a light in his eyes and she wants that too! That is called the Spirit :)

So M. pretty much dropped us last Saturday saying she wanted to figure out 'mormonism' on her own. On Thursday during weekly planning we were trying to decide what to do with her. Because she knows it's true, she's just doubting herself. I decided that we should just send her a text. I had the feeling that she needed to know about temples and the sealing power. I told her of my grandparents passing away after attending the temple and I really don't know what I said after- I gave her a lot of promises. (The text message was 18 texts long!! I know it's not the most professional thing to do-- but the spirit was prompting me!) After we had a few lessons and we checked our phone a couple hours later to find that she called us 7 times! We were able to just see her on Saturday for about 5 minutes. But I know that her heart was touched and we answered her prayers. Now she needs to act on them. :)

S. didn't make it to church yesterday :( But she said that she'll be at the Trunk of Treat this Wednesday and also church this coming sunday! :) (P.S. we came up with the BEST sister missionary approved costumes!! Picture to come next week!!!)

The good B's- A's baptism was supposed to be this coming Saturday. But because of some things we've decided to push it back to November 16th. The deal with him was he had to come to church and stay all 3 hours for 2 weeks in a row. Yesterday right after the Sacrament and before the Primary program he bolted out the door and went home. We couldn't get him to come back... so we talked with him and hopefully he'll change his ways. :)

We weren't able to see B. at all this past week :( He was out in him combine plowing his fields, he offered to let us come with him....but we didn't think that would be appropriate.. but we'll be seeing him this week!

Oh so on Friday we were helping a member shovel 4 tons of rocks into the stalls on her farm. it was so fun!! Except my elbows are pretty sore! But we were able to brush down the horses and feed them (I know you're jealous Macee-moo) :)  and I caught a chicken!!! (it took me about 30 trys) :) 

J., H. and T.r are doing so well, we wish we could get them to come to church. We've committed them to this coming week again, but this week sounds more promising. Now we just need to pray. They got internet this past week and are so excited to watch the prophet and the apostles from General Conference- I am so excited too!!

This week I found a scripture that really comforted me, it's Mosiah 7:33. How did Heavenly Father know that 2132 years after that scripture was written that was exactly what I needed to hear. I am so grateful for the scriptures and all that it does for us. It is solid evidence we have today in our hands about the restoration of this gospel. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and the miracle of the Atonement, and each day we can do better. 

I love you all so very much. I love this gospel. I love working so hard, even when it really a hard hard day. And just as the scripture promises- if we put our trust in Him and serve Him with all diligence of mind, He WILL according to His perfect plan deliver us out of bondage. I love you all, thank you for all your love and support. It meant the world to me this past week. You are all incredible. I hope you have a fabulous week and keep on smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment