What a Beautiful breezy fall day it is!! :) My heart is full just looking back on the past week and seeing miracle after miracle, and knowing that they all came from our loving Heavenly Father! He is so wonderful!
So on Saturday M. was baptized and yesterday he was confirmed a member of the Church! It was such an incredible moment! We kind of say that he's our 'spiritual son'. We found him on July 26th tracting and in the couple of months of meeting with he's gone from a 20 year old who kind of believed in God and was addicted to many things to watching him stand up in Sacrament meeting yesterday and bearing his testimony as a new member of the Church and what his Savior means for me. I couldn't help but cry! :) On Thursday we had a lesson with him and we were talking about Patriarchal Blessings as well as his thoughts on a mission. I felt prompted to whip out good ole' D&C 4 and we read that with him. When he read "Therefore, if ye have a desire to serve God, ye are called to the work" He then just started bawling and said- "I'll go in a month so I can talk to my Professors and boss and finish things up" (!!!!!!) Haha we may have forgotten to mention that he can't exactly go for a whole year. But he's okay with that (slightly sad but he'll survive). We talked to the YSA branch Presidency and they asked us to continue on with the new member lessons, and I'm so excited to do that! We're going to try to have a member of the branch though there everytime because we don't want him to 'be converted to the missionaries' and feel comfortable there even after we're transferred. But this Saturday the YSA branch is going to Kirtland and he's so excited to be going with them!
(okay pause! we just had another miracle happen! Just as I was writing this!) As I was typing about M., we just got a text from a former investigator who Sister Caldwell and Sister Gardner were teaching in May- she said she received her answer and wants us to come back! So i'll be texting her in un momento :)
Another Miracle, on Wednesday we were going to go out and tract and Tuesday night when we were planning on where to tract we were praying for inspiration while looking at the map. after a couple of minutes this new subdivision that isn't on our map that i've only seen once popped into my mind. and I told Sister Openshaw that is where we need to be tomorrow. So come Wednesday we were tracting the subdivision of 17 houses. Everyone wasn't interested and we were coming up to the last house, and then this sweet Mom answers the door- J. She has 4 year old triplets clinging onto her, but as we shared the Restoration with her, she wants us to come back tomorrow. So it's only been one lesson, but She is amazing and I am so grateful we have the Spirit in our lives to prompt us to go certain places and say certain things. It is truly a miracle!
Last week we (Sister Openshaw and I) started a Sugar Fast for a month. It is SO HARD. But we're doing it to see how it feels like to give up an addictive substance. My testimony of the Word of Wisdom had grown incredibly and it is so amazing that such a little ingredient (alcohol/tobacco etc.) can take over so many lives.
We've also started volunteering for a few hours at a Senior Center in our area. It is so fun! We sit and do the Ladies nails for a few hours and it so great. We get to talk to them about the church and what we believe in. We are also going to start holding a 'Sunday Service' this sunday there. It won't really be 'sacrament meeting' but we're just going to teach the lessons to them and other spiritual thoughts. We have a lot of ladies saying they'll come! :)
So A. was supposed to be baptized this Friday. He had his interview on Saturday and although our D.L. says he's ready- we feel he's not quite there yet. So we talked to him yesterday during family scripture study and have decided to push it back to 1st of November :) Hopefully that will give him more time to become acquainted in the Primary.
J., H. and T. are doing so well and are progressing. We've invited them to be baptized but they don't want to say yes until they attend church at least once. So hopefully this coming Sunday they'll be able to make it.
M. is still in the same predicament, but we'll get her to see the light this week! After all that is what the Spirit is for! :)
In our studies we have really been studying miracles this week and as we've asked for them, and have had full faith and trust in our Heavenly Father, and have worked so hard to obtain them my heart is overwhelmed with how much He has blessed us. It is truly a miraculous thing. Our Heavenly Father wants to bless each of us with the miracles we need in our lives. As we ask, have faith, strive to be worthy of them and work hard to obtain them we all can see miracles every single day in our own lives. I love this gospel with my whole heart. I know that my Savior lives and I am so grateful for what He went through so that I could be made clean. I am so happy to have the knowledge that I do and I love sharing it with everyone!
I love you all so much! Thank you for all your emails (I will do my very best to respond to all of them, but letters really are the best way to go :) ) I love you, I'm praying for you and I hope you see a week full of miracles!
Love,
Sister Taylor Byers
No comments:
Post a Comment