Sister Byers

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

LET IT SNOW!

HEYYYY FAM AND FRIENDS!!!!

This week was the best ever! But every week is the best ever :) But yesterday transfer calls came and all day yesterday I was super down because I didn't want to leave. And then then when Elder Mo told us that sister Openshaw and I are staying together here in Bowling Green I about DIED!!!!! Really though. I almost had a heart attack :) We were crying we were so happy! haha :) So I'm stuck with the best companion ever til at least February 5th :) (or until she gets her visa to Brazil...) So yes I'll be serving almost half of my mission here in Bowling Green, which I have no problem with :) 

So this week has been an absolute blizzard. and soooo COLD. I don't think my toes have thawed completely since last wednesday :( But on Sunday, after church we were heading to a small town in our area named Rudolph for dinner with a member. When we saw the "welcome to rudolph" sign with Rudolph of course we had to stop and take a picture!! So I was just trying to pull off, but little did I know the snow was covering up a little bank. So when we tried to get out our right side of our car was in about 4 feet of snow because of all the wind blowing it into the bank. So imagine this- you're in the middle of nowhere and you see two girls in skirts using car scrapers to dig their car out of the snow... we tried everything! putting sticks down to give our car traction. going forwards and backwards. Nothing was working. Half hour later- finally a car drives by and the man was nice enough to help us out. He couldn't push us out but he lived down the road so he went and got tow cables for us. :) Long story short- we're out and we're safe. But yesterday, we were out doing stop by's in the outskirts of BG and we had the prompting that we needed to stop by the D's (members) so we were heading to the D's when we see a man stuck on the side of the road. So we pull a Uey (I don't know how to spell that...) and helped push his car out of the snow. After we got out he asked us if our church was the Mormons. We said Yes! And he said "Only Mormons pull over to help people out!" :) YES!! So Thank you everyone for pulling over and helping people out! :) 


M. is doing so much better and is really working hard to get ready to serve a misson!! yay!!! S. is doing awesome as well! She's reading the Book of Mormon but still hasn't prayed about it...

M. is so great! We're doing everything we can to help her. We were having a lesson with her and Sister E. and we just had the prompting to ask her how her book of mormon reading was going. She told us that she hasn't read in a little while. We recommitted her to continue reading and then she'll be able to receive the answers to her prayers. I know once she starts reading more consistently she'll want to be baptized so much sooner!

Once Corn fields- now Snow fields - Drastic difference since I first came here in the beginning of July!
S. is in a rough patch. I think all less actives on their way back to activity hit this phase, she has awesome fellowship and she's trying her hardest!! We told her of ways to keep her kids quiet during Sacrament meeting (what our moms did with us) she admires you so much mama for having 6 kids! haha :) 

Also, with D. we decided that we should start doing personal progress together!!! :) So we started and she's determined to finish it by her next birthday (october) I know that will help her a ton! Plus i'm so excited to do it again! 

I don't know what else to say about this past week... it's been a very crazy week!  But I love you all so much! I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to stay here in Bowling Green and the miracles that I witness every single day! Love you and thank you for your love and support!!

Sister Taylor Byers

No comments:

Post a Comment