Sister Byers

Monday, December 2, 2013

Miracles, Surprises, and Pumpkin Pie

Hey Family and Friends!! :)

This week has been phenomenal!! I wish i could share EVERYTHING with you.. but unfortunately i can't :( But this week has been full of miracles and the hand of the Lord at every turn. 

Last week I forgot to mention that we weren't able to meet with S. due to a passing in her extended family. But on Wednesday we went and helped her do all her Thanksgiving cooking and it was so fun!! We also helped build up some trust. Then we taught her about the Plan of Salvation. It was incredible! The Spirit was so strong and she really just wants to know everything! I wish i could just toss her everything I know in one sitting. but she's almost as bad as M. on getting on tangents.. haha :)

S. is progressing incredibly! She decided to quit her daycare job and is starting her own daycare in her home, she has so much faith and trust in our Heavenly Father to help her get through it! 

We went and saw a less-active, I.  and took the best couple with us! It was so great! The Spirit just testified to him about the truthfulness of the gospel. We're going to see him again this week, hopefully we can get him back to church. :) And I smell like tobacco and pot... i took one long shower :)

Thanksgiving was great! I mean obviously it would've been way more awesome to with you- but we had so much fun! We ate at the D's son's house. (S. and M., if you remember me talking about them back in August) Granted there was some drinking and stuff, but it was great to break the barrier and they asked us all about what we do and why we're not with our families. They're so great. Hopefully we can continue to soften their hearts some more. :)

Okay, now are you ready for the most incredible miracle?!? My heart is just beating so fast thinking about it!  Ever since I've decided to go on a mission, I've felt that i'm supposed to go for a specific person. Since I've been here in Bowling Green, I've felt that so strongly that M. is someone that I've been sent to share the gospel with.  We taught her all through the summer and in late September she dropped us and said that she wanted to search out Mormonism on her own. I haven't stopped praying for her and hoped that one day she'll come back. Yesterday after Sacrament meeting she walked up to me bawling and I immediately starting bawling and i wouldn't let go of her! She said that she had a feeling that she needed to come to church today, and forgot that it was testimony meeting. She said that every thing everyone was saying was answering her prayers. She asked if she could meet again on Wednesday! I am so grateful to still be here in Bowling Green and to be able to continue to teach her! I am so grateful for miracles and the power of prayer! Heavenly Father is so incredible!

Okay and now for the surprise... :) Saturday during our lunch hour we ran to Sally's and I bought hair dye- random I know. Anyways, I'm now a brunette- so now you can't pull any blonde jokes on me!! :) (oh and it's semi-permanent dye..so i'll be back to being blonde by Christmas- then you can tease all you'd like :) haha )


Thank you for all your love and support! I love sharing the gospel and every moment I couldn't be happier! I love you and hope you have a very wonderful week! :)

Sister Taylor Byers

No comments:

Post a Comment