This week: words cannot describe what I have felt, experienced, and born witness of. I wish I could tell you everything, but I cannot. But I want to tell you what I can tell you! :)
Last Tuesday we woke up at 3:30 to head out to Kirtland for an ENTIRE mission Conference! Pres. Vellinga had to get special permission to pull out all missionaries. And I'm so grateful Church Headquarters said yes! Together we sat in the Kirtland temple (the greatest amount of missionaries to ever be in that temple at one time- 260+) and there we sang hymns and bore witness of our Savior. There was an incredible Spirit there and from the moment I stepped in, I could not stop the tears. I want you to know that the veil is SO thin. There every one of us witnessed something so divine. Legions of angels were with us and as we sung it wasn't a mere 260 missionaries singing- it was millions. I don't know what else I should say about that experience. Except I know that it changed the way that I view my life, the life of the early saints and the magnitude of my calling.
| in front of the kirtland sign! |
I wish I could just leave it at that- but there has been so much more that has happened this week! MIRACLES. PURE 100% FROM GOD- MIRACLES!
We were able to meet with S. and also did some service for her mom (nonmember) and we're softening up her heart!
| In Front of the inn in Kirtland |
When we met with S., we felt like we needed to go over the Book of Mormon. As we taught her about the back story and had her read the introduction and Moroni 10:3-5. We asked if she would read and to pray and ask Heavenly Father if it was true. She said she'll read but she's too scared to ask God, because she's worried what her answer will be. (SHE ALREADY KNOWS IT'S TRUE!!!!!) And M. yesterday passed the Sacrament for the first time yesterday!! So amazing!
M. is doing incredible!!! We went over to Sister E's home and taught her there. She said that she wanted to learn more about the Atonement, but the little voice in the back of my head kept on saying "Taylor, that's not what she needs. Tell her about the Spirit World" and it went on repeat and repeated over and over, so I finally brought it up midway through our lesson, and she just broke down. We were able to bear witness to her and address one of her deep concerns from what is holding her back from joining the Church! We are meeting with her and sis. E. on Wednesday! :)
| Hanging out in a wheel barrow - I don't know if we were allowed to sit in it, but we did... |
So we were teaching B. back in July- September and since he's a farmer and the harvest season, we weren't able to meet with him. Thursday we had the prompting to make the trek out to his home and he told us to stop by tomorrow. So we called up a sisters after sisters trying to get someone to come with us so we wouldn't have to teach out on his porch. FINALLY 10 minutes before we had to go to his lesson on Friday a sis. D. dropped everything and went teaching with us. It was an incredible lesson. The spirit was so strong. As the lesson was ending the Spirit kept on telling me "Taylor, you NEED to invite him to be baptized!" In all rationality that sounds crazy considering we taught him for Months and he hadn't picked up his BoM or even came to church but I learned from M's lesson to procrastinate a prompting for even a second, So i asked him if he'd like to be baptized and he said YES!! Then in my head I was thinking yay! Oh wait.... what day?!?! and then of course Heavenly Father has my back and whispered "Josh's birthday is on a Saturday" so I asked if he'd like to be baptized on January 11th? and he said yes!!! We then checked the calendar when we were back in the car- and sure enough jan. 11th is a saturday! Heavenly Father is so awesome!
We were out tracting in Portage on Friday afternoon and we couldn't decide prior which streets to tract and we drove around the town (the 3 streets it has) and found one that impressed us. We knocked on the 1st door. No answer. 2nd door. no answer. walking up to the 3rd door when i look around and see a lady down the street getting out of her car. I NEED TO TALK TO HER. So we start speed walking/running as casually and non-creepy as possible. we get up to her and she's like "Mormon girls!!!" We were a little taken back from that and she told us that her son is a member! A., is a RC of about 2 years and is getting married in the temple this weekend. Anyways, she invites us in and we taught her the PoS and she LOVED it. and we gave her a BoM and offered our help for the wedding. After church on Sunday, A. came up to us and just thanked us! He said that he's been trying to get her to meet with missionaries since he started investigating the church, and i guess she likes us!!! (who wouldn't ;) ) haha :)
| sissy Op and I in front of the Whitney store! |
We also had a solid potential come to church yesterday- R.! so cool! Hopefully we can meet with him again this week! S. and P.- their house still smells... after we got home, we sprayed our selves with febreeze, and i still smell like smoke... the funny part though? Sissy OP ripped open her skirt as we were walking in.... so the whole time we were just dying as she's trying to keep her skirt covered. haah made me laugh so hard!
Also, I went back to the bikes this week on exchanges. Ahhh the good ol' days :) Except for i was freezing! But we got a lot of looks wearing big huge coats and skirts on bikes. That's just when you smile and wave :)
So we've dubbed planning time, no more. It is now called 'princess planning time!' Yes, we got glittery pink foam crowns that we wear everyday. Love em! :)
Okay there is SO MUCH more I could tell you about, but that's what eternity is for yah? :) haha I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week! I know that this gospel is true. I love it! I'm grateful for the opportunity I have everyday to help others come closer to our Savior. I'm grateful for the experiences I see and Spirit in my life. I love you and thank you for all your love, prayers and support! You're the greatest!!! I hope you have a fabulous week!
Sister Taylor Byers
Love you!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment